- Public comment period extended through March 9th
- Development of responses to public comments
- Development of final management plan and associated final environmental impact statement
- FMP/FEIS released June 23rd
- NOAA publishes a record of decision (ROD) and final rule in the Federal Register (approximately 30 days following release of the FMP/FEIS)
- Regulations and sanctuary boundaries published in the final rule take effect (after 45 days of continuous session of Congress)
- Federal Register notice announces effective date of new sanctuary regulations and boundaries
- Release of draft management plan and associated draft environmental impact statement
- Public meetings
- Public comment period (opened October 21st)
- Development of new draft management plan and associated draft environmental impact statement.
- Sanctuary managers publish in the Federal Register (74 FR 5641) a notice of intent to begin the management plan review.
- Socioeconomic survey report released.
- Public scoping period initiates formal public review of the management plan and possible designation of additional sanctuary units.
- Updated State of the Sanctuary Report released.
- Management plan review fact sheets released in English and Samoan.
- Sanctuary staff conduct management plan review outreach through newspaper articles, radio spots, and interviews on radio and TV talk shows.
- Sanctuary Condition Report released.